22 February 2012

Deconstructing the Reconstruction of a Tea Cosy

Spotted Gourd is allowed out for a little preview - soon to take the limelight in....

"How Tea Cosies Changed the World"

He is made of two berets shapes, each one knitted from the crown out and down and then in and in some more and in some more again and then out a little bit, finished with a rolled lip, turned upside down and folded in on itself to make a double thickness half.  The two halves are then stitched together along the crowns, now the base.  The rest is all smoke and mirrors and you'll have to BUY THE BOOK to find out all the numbers and tricks that make him sit up so grand.



One thinks this might be a first in tea cosy construction.  But then One could be wrong.

Here he is again, the same but different.

A tea cosy and pot stand all in one.

Blimey One is clever.

18 comments:

Notjustnat said...

Your tea cosies make me want to have tea all day! Maybe you can recommend some good tea to go with the tea cosies...there's a challenge for you - hugs Nat

Antiques And Teacups said...

Absolutely wonderful! I LOVE them!
Ruth

Chrisy said...

oh yes one is definitely clever...i really like these...they're so different...the line.s are beautiful...real works of art

Linda said...

Totally Awesome! Love 'Em! Can't wait to get the book!

Carolina said...

I love the version with the berries dripping out of it.

grrl + dog said...

OH

My

FREAKIN

GOD!

You have gone to another planet with this one. Truly a post modern take on the teacosy. It's sculpture.

yes it is.

Meg C said...

I love your blog. You're a sculptor! Can't wait until your next two books are available on Amazon. I checked them just now: April and May. I'm signed up to be notified.

Too bad you can't charge me for all the therapy you've provided. Keep up the wonderful work.

Hahnsmum. said...

l Truly Louve the second one...Looks like she has the Hiccupps... Your imagination astounds me Lady.. Yes you is clever... But l truly like your inventions.. Best Wishes.. X X X

jwami said...

I do so love the way the spout manages just to sneak a peak between those two berets... awesome!

Alex said...

I love the new piccie on your moi page....

mags said...

These are inspired. I especially love the green one with the purple pearls dropping so beautifully. This is art with humour and purpose!!! What more can one want!

Sheep Rustler said...

I have to admit that I want to walk down the street wearing one of those!

urbandon (Don Pezzano) said...

Clever. Damn clever.

Susan said...

I have just ordered your books. This will be my unique Christmas gift giving for 2012. Perfect summer knitting projects. I must have one for myself as well. Love them!!

amanda said...

Loani you are a knitting genius!

Flock of Tea Cosy said...

Fantastic! Just when I think there CAN'T be anymore new designs from you -- out another one pops....

I bow down to you, once again, oh Queen of the Tea Cosies ;)

xMichaelle

tea cozy said...

Love them! so pretty:)

zigozagocraft said...

Wow, just stumbled onto your blog. Never seen tea cosies this stunning...a far cry from the drab op shop find. Brilliant!